Old February 22nd 10, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Domd

Default no network connections after windows update

Hey Barb

there were a number of updates, mainly security ones and also service pack 2
for vista (which I couldnt uninstall) I uninstalled the others and still no
luck.

I check the network connections as well, when I click on ipv4 and ipv6 there
is no option to uninstall but only to install. When i click to install
however it provides 3 options, client, services and protocol each of which
does not show any drivers.

Im lost with this.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

can you please go into control panel/programs/show installed updates. sort by
date and see if you can determine what the update was and uninstall that?

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:42:02 -0800, Domd wrote:

Ok i tried system restore and windows couldnt restore the system, I tried a
few different dates.

I plugged in the laptop direct with the ethernet cable and it still doesnt
recognise or cant find any network connections.

"Domd" wrote:

Hey Barb, thanks for the reply

I'm not sure what updated, it was an automatic update and restarted the
computer. I'll try a system restore.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

Have you tried a system restore to a point before you performed this update?
WHAT did you update exactly?

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:27:01 -0800, Domd wrote:

Hi all I recently updated my vista home and since then I have no network
connections whatsoever.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my Intel pro/wireless
3945 ABG network connection and it still doesnt work.

I emailed microsoft support and after 2 days they said check the knowledge
base or post here...

Any ideas?
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP