Old March 10th 10, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
GoF150XLT

Default Users are unable to change domain password

I had the same issue, and tried many of the suggestions listed above.
It turns out that the users computer time was off by 8 minutes. We ran
the "net time '\\domaincontrollerservername'
(file://\\domaincontrollerservername) /set" command from a command
prompt and it worked fine. He was able to change his password after
that. Our domain controller also administers the time keeping on our
network.

--
GoF150XLT