Old March 21st 10, 09:21 AM
Cammo7447 Cammo7447 is offline
Junior Member

Default Vista freezes when copying files to external hdd

Hi all,

recently I have been trying to back up all my movies pics etc to a Lacie 1tb external hdd. We have had it for a while, it worked fine for a month, then we started experiencing difficulties with it and it remained in the too hard basket until now.

Basically, I am running vista home premium
premium on a Dell inspiron 6400 with 2gig ram (bought separately to improve performance). When when copying files to the hdd windows simply freezes. Anyone know of a fix for this? It's driving me nuts!