Old March 25th 10, 11:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
The Learner

Default No Sound

While trying to uninstall Comodo, I had an error and the computer froze.
I shut it off and it wouldn't boot - not even in Safe Mode. So I used
ERUNT to fix the Registry from a command prompt. Unfortunately, the
latest ERUNT file was corrupted - so I had to go back about a week. The
computer then booted, but I found many changes in some of my data and
settings. Also, I cannot get the sound to work. I again used ERUNT from
Windows with the same backup I used from the command prompt. All
indications on the computer indicate that the sound is working. But when
I try to test the speakers and microphone, I get a message which says
there is no sound. I have uninstalled the two sound items in Device
Manager and used find hardware to reinstall them. I even reinstalled the
drivers. Device Manager says there is no problem with the sound items
and they say they are working properly. What else can I try? I
apologize if I left out any information. If so, just ask. Thank you.