Old March 25th 10, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
BaRut

Default Vista - Network Cable Unplugged

Whether Jack [MVP-Networking] likes it or not, Dave In Ky's fix worked.
All too often on these posts you see guys (like Jack) making assumptions
and criticizing fixes without knowing the facts....and what's so
frustrating is that they don't even type/communicate well enough to know
what the heck they are saying (read Jack's post and you'll see what I
mean). Also, many times (like Jack) they make erroneous statements
(like when Jack attempts to state that there is no difference between
the switch inside a router and a stand-alone switch). Jack, you're
obviously an expert, and I obviously have no trouble-shooting abilities
at all. So, why don't you tell all of us why the vista machine works
when I plug the cable into the router, but I get a "cable unplugged
message" when the vista machine is plugged into the switch. By the way,
all of the equipment is new.

--
BaRut