Old April 3rd 10, 02:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Marcos[_3_]

Default Vista Media Player 11 Duplicate files

I am having problems along this same line. Unfortunately I was not able
to follow the instructions.
I am running Vista Hm. Pr. 32, WMP 11, recently reformated to HP
factory specs, all ok.
I have duplicate files of nearly all songs from the Public/Music file
and from a portable back-up HD using Sync Toy, I now understand I
created this problem. I want to tell WMP NOT to create duplicates. Need
to learn.

The files I want to delete are in H:\ dr.
I cannot select them auto. If there is a way I do not know it. (Cntrl +
A is the only auto I know of)
I cannot follow the path: C:\ User\Mark\local\Microsoft\Media Player
because this does not exist. There is no "local".
I have deleted the entire library twice, shutdown the program,.
restart and they are still there. H Dr not connected. I have the music
saved in Public\Music & on several HD.
I want to learn what I am doing wrong.
Help?

--