Old April 11th 10, 07:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
~hp-hdx~

Default general question

Hi,
I've not networked anything yet and am about to try it and thought I may
save some time by asking here a couple of general questions.
The setlup cosists of a laptop with wifi, and a desktop without wifi. I am
sharing internet access with the two pcs via a wifi router. The
desktop is cat5'ed to the router, the router cat5'ed to the modem. I have
no problem connecting to the internet on either machine.
The desktop is running XP professional, and the laptop is running windows 7
home basic.

1. Can you network XP and windows 7 together?
2. Does it matter which one you run the network wizard on, and if so, which
one should I try it with.
3. Would I better off buying 3rd party networking software and using that
instead of the microsoft nework wizards?

Thanks for any help with this, and I appologize in advance for asking such
basic questions.

Al