Old April 22nd 10, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Bill H.

Default XP vs. Vista

Hi, again.

A couple of new issues on the XP computer. Now when I try to access
properties of the networked printer, I get an error about "print spooler
service not running." Yet, per admin, it IS running. I've even stopped and
restarted it, and get the same msg when trying to access printer properties.
IF I try to install a new printer, select local port, then select the
networked computer's printer port as \\station1\printername, it says all is
OK click finish, shows up as networked printer, yet printing a test pages
fails immediately.

Xp can see Vista hard drive right now, but Vista does not appear in network
places (but can show up if I search to the computer name). Also, Vista C:
drive is accessible, but the two attached printers (both shared) do not show
up, and they should.

So, any ideas? Their accountant has updated Quickbooks today on the XP,
but I don't see where that could be an issue.

--Bill