Old April 25th 10, 05:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ben[_11_]

Default Hard drive replacement without reinstall software?

Hi everyone,

First of all, let me clarify that my issue is with Windows 7, not Vista. So
pardon me if I am posting to the wrong group.

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium installation on my laptop. It has been
working great, until recently when Windows has detected a hard drive failure
and urges me to replace the hard drive. My question is, if there is any way
I can replace my hard drive without going through the hassle of installing
everything from scratch--I just don't have that kind of time. Some of my
friends suggest ghost, but I am not sure if that is going to work. What are
your thoughts?

Thankds,
Ben