Old April 27th 10, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
smlunatick

Default USB devices not recognized

On Apr 27, 11:36*am, Kevin Baykr
wrote:
I have an Acer TravelMate 4230, with Vista SP2 Installed, Mobile Intel(R)
945GM/GU/PM/GMS/940GML/943GML and Intel(R) 945GT Express Processor to DRAM
Controller - 27A0, Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage
Controllers - 27DF, WDC WD 1200UE-22KVT0 ATA Device, 1.5 GB Ram.

An error occurred the other day where windows said that it could not read
the HD, and after that the problem started where Windows cannot read any USb
device (not even the built-in cam). It finds a device but cannot recognize
it. I ran a check disk but nothing changed.. Anything else I could do to fix
it?

--
Sincerely Kevin

The internal hard drive (HD) is not using a USB connection.
Microsoft has not design the Windows to boot directly off a USB
device. If you had a boot problem and not a USB device access
problem, I would suggest taking the laptop to a repair centre. It
seems to be having some hardware problems.