Old May 15th 10, 04:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]

Default Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery

Thanks, I got an external enclosure.

Walt

"Bill Kearney" wkearney99#at#hotmail#dot#com wrote in message

"Walter Goldschmidt" wrote in message
I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one
of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into
your computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that
device called.

USB to IDE adapter. Several variations exist. The safest being to put
the drive into an external enclosure. The quick-and-dirty route being to
use a bare adapter that just plugs into the drive itself, along with a
power supply. Typically around $10 on fleabay.