Old May 19th 10, 11:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
monique

Default CAN´T SEND MAIL, REAL HELP PLS!

Thank you very much. That handled it.

Monique

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You are mixing up the servers for sending and receiving.
The error message below shows you using SMTP (sending) on the
server named plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com. That server is for receiving only.
For sending use the server named plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Monique" wrote in message ...
Hi, I set up my account using the provided instructions from my provider and
it worked for couple of emails and then the following error came up:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'borrar', Account:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Socket
Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I have tried all the different advices in the forum, including changing the
protocol figures, but so far, no change.

Any help?

Thanks

.