Old May 24th 10, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ron Smith

Default Reconfigure printer to USB port

I have upgraded machines and the new machine only has USB ports on it (i.e.
no printer parallel port jack). I am having trouble getting my older HP
2100M printer running (i.e. had to switch the old parallel cable out for a
USB / parallel cable).

Sometimes I see a "USB Printing Support" in the Port list and sometimes i
don't. The printer seems to configure OK, but it still doesn't work (Test
page sent to the printer just sets in the queue).

I have downloaded the latest driver from HP, but it doesn't seem to install.

Can anyone tell me how to get the darned thing confiugred properly.
--
Ron Smith in Round Rock