Old October 12th 09, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
John[_22_]

Default Using "Select multiple files or folders"

I want to select a long string of files (for deletion).

Vista Help says:

--To select a consecutive group of file or folders, click the first item,
hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the last item.
--To select a consecutive group of files or folders without using the
keyboard, drag the mouse pointer to create a selection around the outside of
all the items you want to include.

Using #1, it selects the "first item" and the "last item," but none of the
items between the two.
Using #2, it tries to MOVE files, not select them.

My last OS did it this way, but Vista does not. Do I have something set so
it behaves the way it does? How do I easily select multiple files?

John