Old November 5th 09, 01:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Default Find files and folders

Hi, Desmond.

The WLM Team decided that the familiar Menu Bar was just wasted real estate,
so they decided to hide it, by default. Many WLM users still haven't found
out how to show it, and we get questions about it every day.

To show the Menu Bar temporarily, just press Alt. To toggle it on
semi-permanently, use Alt=M, M.

This is the Menu Bar (with File, Edit, View, etc.), which is not the same as
the customizable Toolbar. I don't recall the default buttons on the Toolbar
because I changed them long ago; mine currently starts with New, Reply
group, Forward, Print...

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"Desmond" wrote in message
On Nov 4, 8:29 pm, "Badger" wrote:
If you hit the ALT button and click EDIT, you will see FIND on the drop
down
menu.
This is a little different from the original.

"Desmond" wrote in message

Find files and folders date modified etc.
This worked in XP has been scrapped in vista WHY?- Hide quoted text -

If you Hit the ALT button?
This is new to MS. Normaly you have to hold down the ALT key and then
HIT another key on the keybourd.
I did HIT the Alt button. Nothing happened