Old November 6th 09, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
anh

Default How to prevent a folder from being accidentally deleted?

It's two-part operation:
1) Set the 'Deny Delete' and 'Deny Deleting files/folders' permission
entry
for your X folder's parent folder with scope 'Only for objects in this
container'.
2) Set the 'Deny Delete' and 'Deny Deleting files/folders' permission
entry
for your X folder. Don't forget to set a 'Replace children object
permissions' checkbox.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to try the Fileshield program and
see if that is useful.

As for changing the permissions settings on the folder, I'm not sure
how to do that. For example, what is the parent/child folder distinction
mean and where do I change these permissions? There seem to be several
users (ie system, me,) and I'm not sure which ones I have to modify.

--
anh

-Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-