Old December 6th 09, 11:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
venance mutayoba

Default Quick fix for Error0x80070052

I am using a extreME 1GB memory stick USB with windows
vista. I am unable to save any file on it either using. Always I get Error0x80070052

Is there a simple solution?

Thanks

Bootsj wrote:

Unable to save files on memory stick - keep getting Error 0x800700
11-Mar-07

I am using a brand new Sony Microvault 1GB memory stick USB with windows
vista. I am unable to save any file on it either using save, Save as or just
dragging it over, except .jpg. So word Escel etc. I cannot save. I get Error
0x80070052

Is there a simple solution I can't see?

Thanks

On Sunday, March 11, 2007 3:21 PM
Bootsj wrote:

Unable to save files on memory stick - keep getting Error 0x800700
I am using a brand new Sony Microvault 1GB memory stick USB with windows
vista. I am unable to save any file on it either using save, Save as or just
dragging it over, except .jpg. So word Escel etc. I cannot save. I get Error
0x80070052

Is there a simple solution I can't see?

Thanks

On Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:09 AM
Mic wrote:

I have not tried USB memory stick in Vista yet.
I have not tried USB memory stick in Vista yet. But, in XP, I used to select
what I wanted to save, right-click on it, go down the menu to "send to", then
select the drive letter of your memory stick on the sub menu, and left-click
on that.
Mick

"Bootsja" wrote:

On Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:32 PM
Freon wrote:

Unable to save files on memory stick - keep getting Error 0x800700
Bootsja;2654237 Wrote:

I have the SAME problem. I am using Patriot SD memory cards and had no
problems with two of the four cards. Two of them say "The file directory
or file cannot be created" Error 0x80070052. I had the card half full
of pics when the message pops up. I placed a call to tech. support but
would love to know why this is happening.

--
Freon
Freon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23939

http://forums.techarena.in

On Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:08 AM
Freon wrote:

Bootsja, here is how i fixed my issue. Formated my memory card.
Bootsja, here is how i fixed my issue. Formated my memory card.(Right
click on drive and click on format option). Created new folders. (Right
click on desktop,click on new. Create folder). Name folder whatever you
want. I named mine Folder 1, Folder 2, ETC. Drag your songs,pictures
into a folder. Don't put too much in there. Then drag folder to your
memory stick. Keep doing this. I put 13 folders onto my card(Drive I)
and filled the card up with no problems. Hope this works for you. If
not, I will give you a link that gives other suggestions.

--
Freon
Freon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23939
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=703107

http://forums.techarena.in

On Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:58 AM
Bonni wrote:

I am having the same problem trying to save pictures to a USB flash stick.
I am having the same problem trying to save pictures to a USB flash stick. I
have tried reformating the card, but I get the same error that occurs when I
transfer files. I have tried copying by copy-paste method, as well as
right-click-send to 'J' drive method.

I understand your suggestion of making multiple folders, the only problem
the reason I am transfering photos to the flash card is to I can use it with
a digital picture frame. The digital picture frame does not recognize
folders so pictures cannot be placed in them.

Any other suggestions?

"Freon" wrote:

On Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:47 PM
Freon wrote:

Unable to save files on memory stick - keep getting Error 0x800700
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/ce/Si...pict50607.html
SanDisk Copy Error -The directory or file cannot be created. Sorry,
don't know much about the digital picture frame but check this link
out and you may get a few ideas. I did a google search of "the
directory or file cannot be created". Quite a few posts. Good Luck.

--
Freon
Freon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23939
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=703107

http://forums.techarena.in

On Monday, April 30, 2007 3:21 AM
Callesto28 wrote:

You need to put all your files in a sub-folder before you transfer themto the
You need to put all your files in a sub-folder before you transfer them
to the USB stick. I kept getting the error when I tried to transfer
images from a folder in my desktop. Apparently, the folder of your data
needs to be a sub-folder of the original folder. (A folder in a folder,
the sub-folder is the one with the data in it.)
So, in other words, open the folder with the files you want transfered
and make a 'New' folder in it. Then copy all your stuff into the new
(sub) folder. After that go into Windows Explorer and Move the original
folder to your USB stick.
I don't know *why* you need to do this, probably some kind of computer
glitch-thing-pain-in-the-butt.
I hoped that helped someone!

--
Callesto28
Callesto28's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25188
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=703107

http://forums.techarena.in

On Wednesday, May 02, 2007 1:27 PM
nimmos wrote:

I tried what Callesto28 said and it works. Thank you!
I tried what Callesto28 said and it works. Thank you!

My digital picture frame objected when I inseerted the card. It asked
"File or Photos?" I manipulated the highlight to Photos and it somehow
find the subfolder and is now happily showing the pictures. Different
digital picture frames will undoubtedly have different methods of
operation -- you'll just have to play with it....

--
nimmos
nimmos's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25264
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=703107

http://forums.techarena.in

On Tuesday, May 08, 2007 1:40 AM
EenyBear wrote:

I was previously unable to get past 1.5GB on a 2.
I was previously unable to get past 1.5GB on a 2.0GB memory stick
(cruzer sandisk) using VISTA o/s. I was trying to load a gazillion
pictures on the stick for use with a video picture frame.

Then, on a whim, I tried reformatting the stick in NTFS rather than the
FAT it came with. Bingo! Problem solved and the 2GB are now fully
accessible!

No need for multiple sub-directories, etc. Hope that's helpful.

title = 0x80070052 error solution
author = EenyBear

--
EenyBear