Old March 22nd 10, 03:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Kevryl

Default Windows 7 My user folder is invisible

No, there are no users listed there, thanks Jeff.

"Jeffrey Kaplan" wrote:

Previously on microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management, Kevryl
said:

I have just bought 2 identical machines with Win 7 installed. My user
account is there on both (libraries documents right click properties)
immediately under c:\users, but when I go to c: drive, I find only public and
default, and when invited to "search in sub-folders" an unintelligibnle
mish-mash of files and folders appear, and still my own user folder is not
visible (even after playing with the alphabetical selection down arrow). I
have gone into folder options/view and selected "show hidden folders, files
and drives" and even unticked "hide unprotected operating system files". My
user account still wont appear so I can get into it and copy my "outlook.pst"
file from the old machine into its rightful place on the new ones.

If anyone can help me with this issue, and how to get from this mish-mash of
flattened out fiolders and files into a real directory structure I'd be most
appreciative!

Do you see your User listed separately as a top-level item in Windows
Explorer? It should be between Libraries and Computer.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
Double ROT13 encoded for your protection

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #92.
If I ever talk to the hero on the phone, I will not taunt him. Instead
I will say this his dogged perseverance has given me new insight on
the futility of my evil ways and that if he leaves me alone for a few
months of quiet contemplation I will likely return to the path of
righteousness. (Heroes are incredibly gullible in this regard.)
.