Old March 30th 10, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
JohS

Default Windows 7 / Vista file lock?

Hi. I have been XP user of my PC (only me using this PC) with admin.
privileges.

I have always used two similar installations (one on C:\ and no. two on E:\
(then with the biggest partition in the middle as D:\ for my 'Desktop',
'Favourites', 'Document' and backup)). This has been a very good way for me
to always have a total failure free installation to work on (I can delete
the installation files on the other installation and just copy back from the
backup whilst I work with whatever. And updates is fast to handle).

Now, as I do think of going over to Windows 7, how easy is it to doing the
same there? (or does Windows 7 /Vista have so much security locks on the
files that it's impossible?)

And if it's not possible to do it 'my old way' how can I solve this to be
done pretty much the old way (is there an image program which can handle
such operation- which also handle the root/start-up files?)? Thanks,
JohS