Old April 18th 10, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Rusticdave

Default Unable to save files on memory stick - keep getting Error 0x800700

Hi there. Have read all your replies as I searched for a solution to
same problem with a Kingston 2Gb memory stick. Wife was trying to save a
single document and then a folder of photos but received the error
message 0x80070052.
She has a large number of word docs (some 100 in fact) on the stick plus
several other types of files but it was only 50% full.
I cleared the stik transferring all files into a new folder on my Vista
PC. Formatted the stick and then returned all the original files but
still got the error message and could not create a directory.
I finally solved it by creating a new folder and moving all the Word
Docs into this folder. Once done I could then save the folder with
photos plus other documents on the memory stick. This worked for me - it
seemed that tidying up the stick resolved the problem but it could just
be that a corrupt file was lost or repaired in the process. Hope this
helps someone else. The forum certainly helped me.
Rustic Dave

--
Rusticdave
Rusticdave's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/210258.htm