Old May 22nd 10, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
danegolf

Default XP Style search tool?

Hello, I am not able to get the Search tool to function properly in
Vista. I get into the Search Window. I simply want to find all my most
recent files. I choose Advanced Search and then set the date to all
files created after May 1, 2010. The Search runs and only returns one
file. I know that I've created more files since May 1, 2010. When I run
the search for the C: drive. I get one file returned. When I run the
Search using Computer, I get only onbe filoe, but its different from the
file found under C: drive.

Can anyone explain how to run a Search so that it returns all the files
on my computer that were created after a certain date? Your help is
really appeciated.

btw. I never had any problem on prior Operating Systems. How could MS
have screwed this up so badly? Can I still use the Command Prompt and
run the dir command using the date option?

--
danegolf