Old March 26th 10, 04:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
The Learner

Default No Sound

Thanks, but there's no way I can re-read the error message. I just found
out that it also placed many unsigned system files on my PC. I have a
real problem.

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:50:34 -0500, "R. C. White"
wrote:

HI, Learner.

OK. Vista Home Premium 32-bit w/SP2. On an anonymous HP Laptop.

What kind of "an error" did you see?

It was an error message which was indecipherable by me

"Indecipherable by me" is why we always ask for the exact text of the
message, not a paraphrase. It's probably also indecipherable by me; I'm an
accountant, not a techie. But plenty of techies do read these newsgroups
and those "indecipherable" messages mean A LOT to them. By now, I suppose
the message is gone - or can you try to see it again? If you can read the
Event Logs, you may be able to find clues there.

At this point, your best bet might be to start a new thread. Other readers
who see that this thread has apparently already had a couple of responses
might skip to the next one. Put all that basic information in your FIRST
post. Include as much of the error message as you can, either from the
screen or from the log. All that "indecipherable" stuff is code that many
readers here can decipher and point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

RC