Old April 8th 10, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LVTravel

Default Can't see Hard Drive.

"Marian Henna" wrote in message
For some reason, I cannot see a 1TB hard disk in Vista Explorer. There are
no relevant messages in the event logs etc. I can save data to it (via
apps, word, excel, downloads etc).

I just cannot see it in windows when I go to my computer.

Also, can't seem to find anything pertinent on the web, lost about a vista
drive not being seen by windows 7 (vice versa), but not what I am looking
for.

My concern is that if Windows won't display the drive, it may be going bad
and it's only 6 months old.

Any pointer(s) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Right click Computer on the desktop. Click Manage then Disk Management. Do
you see the drive in either the top area under Volume or in the gray area
below it? If in the gray area does it have a drive letter assigned. If so
is it the same drive letter that is assigned to a network drive (which will
not show up in the Disk Management window?) If it is the same letter as a
network drive one or the other needs to be changed. Let us know and we can
guide you.

If the drive is not showing up at all in Disk Management I have no idea how
a program could write to the drive.