Old April 27th 10, 02:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JeffMack

Default Cell phone & WMDC "there is a problem with your connection..."

I am having an similar issue with syncing my phone to my computer, as I
see many others have had. I have Vista Home Premium 64bit. I have a HTC
Titan phone with Window Mobile 6.1. It worked and synced fine for about
a year and a half, then one day....stopped, and I get the "there is a
problem with your connection. Please disconnect and reconnect and try
your device again" error.

I have been through Sprint and HTC support. I have deleted everything,
reinstalled everything. Did a hard refresh on the phone, reinstalled
everything, still nothing has worked.

It works and syncs perfectly with my Vista 32 bit laptop, so it appears
to be this computer, not the phone. I have to assume some auto update
was installed to Windows that has killed this, but have yet to find
anyone in any forum who has found an answer.

I did delete the device manager setting for the phone, and when I
plugged it back in, it reinstalled itself...AND Windows detected an HTC
USB update, which it installed fine. But still the same error. This is
very frustrating.

--
JeffMack