Old May 29th 10, 12:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Default Sound Services Won't Start

On Sat, 29 May 2010 07:36:47 -0500, wrote:

Using Vista x64, HP Pavillion, 8G RAM. The other day the audio
services would not start.

The "Audio Endpoint Builder" service doesn't start, even in manual.
Gives me the error message 0x80070003: The system cannot find the
path specified. The path is C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k
LocalSystemNetworkRestricted

Since the "Windows Audio" service depends on the audio builder, it
won't start either. The sound card is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Google doesn't provide any help.

Does anyone know what might be the cause of this and how to force
these services to start? Or am I in a position where I have to
reinstall the operating system?

Thanks.

James

Forgot to say the operating system is Vista Home Premium.