Old June 14th 10, 06:48 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Yousuf Khan

Default Can't extend screen display onto second monitor after reboot Vista 64—Radeon X1900

On 6/12/2010 7:00 PM, wrote:
Thanks Yousuf for the thoughtful reply. This seems like a very
plausible theory. I have always uninstalled CCC before installing a
different version but perhaps I have missed something. Other than
looking in “Programs and Features” is there any way to tell whether I
have older versions of the driver and/or software still working on the
system?

I don't know if there is a way to uninstall all versions of ATI drivers
and apps with one full stroke. I'd say the easiest thing you can do is
simply uninstall all ATI "stuff" that is currently installed and go back
to the default drivers in Windows. Those default drivers may be generic
Microsoft-supplied ATI drivers, if you're lucky, or in the worst case
you'll have to run the standard VGA or VESA drivers after you reboot.
After the reboot install the latest versions of the ATI drivers and
Catalyst, and see what happens.

Yousuf Khan