Old November 18th 09, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer[_2_]

Default Save Old DVDs to Computer

C and A Bredt wrote:
I am concerned that if it is stored on the computer in an ISO format
there may come a time when that format is no longer supported
by the computer's OS and programs. Then I would be unable to make the
DVD.
If I use Windows Explorer and just copy the files to a folder on
my computer, how would I make a DVD that will play on a
DVD player?

I did copy one to a disk using Windows Explorer.
It plays on the computer, but not on the DVD player. The original
does play on it.

Thanks, CB

================================
For that matter DVDs might be obsolete
in the not too distant future...but I still think
I would go with ImgBurn to create and burn
ISO files.

I think Graham Hughes offered you good
advice on copying DVDs.

--