Old January 9th 10, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Windows virgin

Default "Wireless Networks Are Available", but my "Connect To" list is empty

Hi,
I have the same or simular problem. I am on an Acer 5920 runing Vista
Home, and I can connect fine to my upstairs WIfi but whenever I travel I
cannot contact available Wifi's that are open access. This is really
frustrating as I am a student and try to work when I am away.
Occasionally I can get the most incredibly slow and intermittent
connection to an outside wifi, but even then it can take an hour to send
one email! Any help please......

--
Windows virgin
Windows virgin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/172443.htm