Old February 26th 10, 06:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Guest

Default Windows too large

You just need to press Enter to activate the Ok button (any Ok button as
long as the focus isn't on a text entry area). Escape activates the Cancel
button pretty much always.

--
..
--
"Philomena" wrote in message

System specs: Vista Business
Intel Core2Duocpu t5470
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
I was having problems seeing the fonts inside the windows and the icons
on the desk top. I customized the DPI to 144. This made the widows too
large. When I went back to the DPI page to change back to 96 DPI, I
couldn't reach the buttons on the bottom of the page to apply the
change. The other problem is that the task bar is too large. It covers
the bottom of the page. Again, I can't change it because I can't reach
the apply buttons on the bottom of the page. I need to make the changes
because the DVD player won't work with these settings. I changed the
resolutions (to 1280x720), as suggested by the pop-up, but that didn't
work. I googled to see if there was a way of using the keyboard to make
the changes to the DPI but couldn't find any. I have some knowledge of
the computer. I can follow directions.

--
Philomena