Old January 10th 10, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
lcds722

Default The printer name is invalid - Connect to internet printer

I hit this while repairing a friends PC. They have windows XP SP3 and
they were attempting to share the printer on another PC. it took me a
bit to figure this out but I finally looked at the security tab in
Control Panel. I then went to Security tab and I found they had 2
firewalls installed. One was windows and the other McAfee. I turned off
the windows firewall and it connected fine.

I am not sure if this was your issue but I wanted to post this for
others as well.

--
lcds722
lcds722's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/172837.htm