Old March 17th 10, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine[_2_]

Default Windows Fax and Scan and Outlook contacts

Since you still haven't quoted the thread so we know what the actual problem
is, I'm not going to spend any time on this.
--
Russ Valentine
"killerb255" wrote in message

Positive.

I've also confirmed that this problem even predates Vista and Outlook
2007.

I just installed a Windows XP x64 VM and Outlook 2003. I tried to use
XP x64's fax client to our SBS 2008 Fax server. I can't pull up Outlook
Address Book contacts in XP x64 either.

So, to review:

XP x86 and Outlook 2003, 2007 = works.
XP x64 and Outlook 2003 = no dice (haven't tried 2007 in XP x64 yet, but
I don't think that'll tell us anything relevant).
Vista x86 and Outlook 2003, 2007 = works.
Vista x64 and Outlook 2003, 2007 = no.
Windows 7 x86 and Outlook 2007 = works.
Windows 7 x64 and Outlook 2007 = no.
Windows 7 x64 and Outlook 2010 x64 = no.

The bottom line is that there is a problem with the Outlook Address Book
communicating with the x64 fax client in NT5 AND Windows Fax & Scan in
NT6!!! Since Outlook 2010 has this problem as well, I think it's more
of a problem with Outlook in general than processor architecture.

--
killerb255