Old March 30th 10, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Shenan Stanley

Default How can I find out what the firewall issue is on a Printer?

M Skabialka wrote:
I was having problems reinstalling HP software for my All-In-One
printer, and HP Tech support had me add ten or fifteen programs to
the Firewall as allowed programs, plus about that many ports. I'm
still having firewall issues according to the HP networks
diagnostic tool, and the HP software does not "see" my printer on
the network. I can go to its IP address in Internet Explorer and see info
about
its status, etc, and I can install basic drivers for other similar
printers and it will print, but not from the Full Software package
that I need for OCR scanning. It is listed under Printers and I
can print a test page. The HP Diagnostics has a AutoFix button but it
doesn't fix the
issue, and doesn't say what is wrong. Until I had problem
reinstalling the software it had worked fine for two years.
How can I find out what the firewall issue is?

Does it work if you turn off your software firewall?

If not - it's not a firewall issue unless you have some other firewall
between you and the All-in-One.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP