Old May 12th 10, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine[_2_]

Default Windows Fax and Scan and Outlook contacts

Ah. I see.
Yes. I can confirm that the problem will never be fixed. Outlook stopped
supporting integration with the fax module after Outlook 2003.
--
Russ Valentine
"killerb255" wrote in message
I apologize...I posted my reply to the original thread in another forum,
which, of course, is crossposted all over the place.

The best way to describe the problem is he

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/arch...-contacts.aspx

...and he

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...1-487e0c4405be

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

Since you still haven't quoted the thread so we know what the actual
problem
is, I'm not going to spend any time on this.
--
Russ Valentine
"killerb255" wrote in message

Positive.

I've also confirmed that this problem even predates Vista and Outlook
2007.

I just installed a Windows XP x64 VM and Outlook 2003. I tried to use
XP x64's fax client to our SBS 2008 Fax server. I can't pull up
Outlook
Address Book contacts in XP x64 either.

So, to review:

XP x86 and Outlook 2003, 2007 = works.
XP x64 and Outlook 2003 = no dice (haven't tried 2007 in XP x64 yet,
but
I don't think that'll tell us anything relevant).
Vista x86 and Outlook 2003, 2007 = works.
Vista x64 and Outlook 2003, 2007 = no.
Windows 7 x86 and Outlook 2007 = works.
Windows 7 x64 and Outlook 2007 = no.
Windows 7 x64 and Outlook 2010 x64 = no.

The bottom line is that there is a problem with the Outlook Address
Book
communicating with the x64 fax client in NT5 AND Windows Fax & Scan in
NT6!!! Since Outlook 2010 has this problem as well, I think it's more
of a problem with Outlook in general than processor architecture.

--
killerb255

.