Old May 13th 10, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Default Add Printer Not Working - Vista Home Premium

the remote user needs write access to the registry, the /ga machine
connections are stored at this registry location.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Connections

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"alanmara" wrote in message

Hi, I've tryied this command from both Win7 32bit and XP computers and
results a

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /c\\computer /ga /n\\server\printer01

Win7 = locally add/remove printer OK
Win7 = remotely doesn't work

XP = doesn't work at all

Can you help me please?

I even tryed with vbs script but locally works, remotely with PSEXEC
neither on XP or Win7.

THANKS

--
alanmara