Printer keeps re-installing

Old December 19th 07, 11:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gmaof3

Default Printer keeps re-installing

I have an HP4200 series all in one at home and the same printer at work. I
use a laptop with Vista. Most of the time my computer tries to reinstall the
printer when I move from one printer to the other, or if I disconnect from
one of the printers and then reconnect, it does the same thing- tries to
reinstall. Sometimes I end up with 3 or more copies of the same printer being
installed.

I've delted the printers and the printer files and downloaded the latest
drivers. That seemed to make a difference for a while, but now it wants to
reinstall when I connect to the printer.

When I disconnect from a printer, I usually just unplug the USB cable. I
have a feeling I should be doing something differently...

Any ideas?

Old December 24th 07, 06:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

On Dec 19, 6:11*pm, guzarva wrote:
"gmaof3" wrote:
I have an HP4200 series all in one at home and the same printer at work. I
use a laptop with Vista. Most of the time my computer tries to reinstall the
printer when I move from one printer to the other, or if I disconnect from
one of the printers and then reconnect, it does the same thing- tries to
reinstall. Sometimes I end up with 3 or more copies of the same printer being
installed.

I've delted the printers and the printer files and downloaded the latest
drivers. That seemed to make a difference for a while, but now it wants to
reinstall when I connect to the printer.

When I disconnect from a printer, I usually just unplug the USB cable. I
have a feeling I should be doing something differently...

Any ideas?- Hide quoted text -

I am having the EXACT same problem with my HP C6250 exept all I am
doing is turning the printer off and on when it's not in use. Each
time, Vista re-installs using generic drivers from 1+ year ago, even
though current drivers are installed when I installed the first
time.

I don't have a fix, but you're not going crazy.
Old January 2nd 08, 01:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

"gmaof3" wrote:
[...]

Oh I wish I could provide a fix, but I am relieved in a way to realize
I'm not alone in this, My laptop running Vista Home Premium was
purchased bundled with an HP Deskjet. Both are performing beautifully
BUT when I disconnect the laptop from the printer to take it on the
road and then reconnect upon return, HP wants to install drivers and
do the same thing. I now can print from Copy 1 but not the original
install.

Long as I can get it to work, long as I know I'm still partially sane.

Perhaps someone will read our please and provide a fix or a lead to
where one could be found?
Old January 8th 08, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RaisingAlexis

I am also having this problem with my HP 6210 all-in-one. Will be watching
for a solution - seems like there are a lot of us with the exact issue.

Old January 8th 08, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
rajinisback[_54_]

You plugging the printer in the exact same port you unplugged it from? I
can make this same issue happen even on windows 2000 pro.

--
rajinisback

*Raj *