Old March 30th 14, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

Default windows fax scanner: blank fax sent?!

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 1:38:48 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:

Some things I'd try:

1) Change the "fit to page" setting on the print driver.

Perhaps it's a scaling or rotation error. Perhaps the

document is landscape and the fax only does portrait

(a software limitation). Eons ago, I used to have problems

like that, where a "blank page" happened, because the page

was actually rotated off the print surface.

2) The freebie office tools may also have a save/export to PDF

option. Perhaps, with a clean PDF in hand, you could try

sending the PDF version, using something else. If the PDF is also

blank, then you know it's not the FAX hand-off which is broken.

"Printing" type functions are wondrous, in that so many

of them are broken. It seems we can land a robot on Mars,

but we can't print half the time. You'd swear it was

brain surgery.

FAX is particularly simple, in that your document tool only

needs to prepare a bitmap version of the document for transmission.

And that's practically on your screen right now. That's why

it's so sad, when the tool can't manage to transfer that

stuff, to the FAX portion of the solution.

HTH,

Paul

I followed your hint, saved a 2 pages document, exported as a pdf file (using my usual A.O.O. 4.1) then print - fax- windows fax scanner and now it's no more blank, the 2 pages are there ready for the fax trasmission!
Can you explain me plainly what my problem was and how was bypassed?
A.