Old October 7th 14, 09:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
A super GEEK

Default Unable to delete folder : Error 0x800710FE

Hello evryone,

I had the same problem.
I was running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Service Pack 1 with "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M 2.20 GHz" processor.
i got this message while triyng to delete a word document:

Error 0x800710FE: This file is not currently not available on this computer.

I was using a network to use my account anywhere in the world.
and it just suddenly popped up when I was cleaning up my Docs folder (with over 1000 files in it).
It was only doing this message on this one file.
and this is what I found:

this error was provoked by a HUMAN modify, stopping this file do be deleted and sometimes modified.(yes, I might be talking about hack...)
So, this is what worked for me:

1.a.On the start tab (bottom left)search "File Options"
b.Go to Offline Files
c.Press Ctrl+Shift
d.Click "Delete Files"
e.Click "yes" two times and computer will restart

If that doesen't work try this:

2.a.In the start tab search "reg"
b.Type these commands:

REG.EXE.REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ne tCache" /v FormatDatabase /t

Then type

REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

If that still doesen't work, download Fix-it microsoft program he

adf.ly/sgSkt

(wait five seconds an click "SKIP AD" top right)

Hoped I helped,
Giorgio