Old March 21st 15, 07:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-8
jim

Default Interesting uninstall problem with old software

Ken Springer wrote:
Never had *this* happen before...

Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2 system, most definitely 32 bit.

I've got an old piece of software installed that required running in XP
SP2 mode when installed under Windows 7. I installed it here just to
help my brother-in-law with the program, I never used it.

The installation included a program written, apparently, in Dbase, and
the installation also installed a Dbase runtime engine.

When trying to uninstall both, I got the message the program can only be
uninstalled on 64 bit windows.

Repeated efforts finally got the Dbase runtime engine uninstalled, but no
luck with the program itself.

Any brilliant ideas about how to get around this?

D/l ' Unlocker ' and see if that helps ?