Old February 2nd 07, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Avi Stokar

Default ATI x1950 Pro video card gets 1.0 Vista graphics score

I installed an X1950 Pro 256 mb video card (Visiontek) into my system and it
receives a 1.0 for both graphics and game graphics.

The CPU is an AMD Barton 2500+ (a bit long in the tooth, i know) with 1 gb
RAM.

I loaded the lateset drivers from ATI ( 8.33 released this week). I have
refreshed the WEI still get 1.0 for both scores.

In the details, Vista sees the card correctly but does not list it as WDDM.

I also found that changing the AGP aperture in the BIOS to 32 made Windows
slow down and Company of Heroes almost non-playable.