Old November 26th 15, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
(PeteCresswell)

Default Ludicrous (?) Number of Page Faults ?

I am looking at somebody's Vista PC with only 2 gigs of RAM installed.

SP-2, AMD Athlon LE-1620 @2.4 ghz.

They are having intermittent issues with the thing seeming to freeze up.

When I put Process Lasso on it I see what seem like a *lot* of
PageFaults. viz:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1081497...93998639175570

I also note that CPU use is pretty much pegged at 100%. Viz:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1081497...95849375798146

The high Fault numbers come and go moment-to-moment.

Without trying to dope out the "Hard" vs "Soft" faults, can I assume
this is a case for adding a couple gigs of memory?

Or is that processor just tapped out performance-capability-wise ?
--
Pete Cresswell