Old March 8th 16, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

Default Cisco VPN Client - Connection Error Reason 412

On Friday, January 8, 2010 at 3:35:00 PM UTC-5, DaveKan wrote:
This tip did the trick for me, I am using windows 7, I went back and
undid all the other things I tried and this one change (adding
UseLegacyIKEPort) to the PCF file got it working.
----------------------

Windows Vista Error 412
When running under Windows Vista, you might encounter error 412: The
remote peer is no longer responding.

To work around this error, upgrade the local NAT device firmware. If
this is not possible, switch to TCP. If switching to TCP is not
possible, use the following keyword in the connection profile (*.pcf):

UseLegacyIKEPort=1

--
DaveKan
DaveKan's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/172193.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Thank you very much sir. This pointed me in the right direction