Old February 4th 07, 05:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Wayne Johnson

Default Zip files

Thanks Ramesh. That fixed it! Why doesn't Windows Update fix common
problems like this?

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

The .zip file association fix is available he
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Wayne Johnson" Wayne wrote in message ...
That's just it! There is NO "Extract All" option!

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

Waistcoat

You didn't give any details about where you are looking? Right click a ..zip
file and you should see an item called "Extract All" on the pop-up menu.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Waistcoat" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've suddenly lost my ability to unzip files.

Vista (business) doesn't seem to have an associated program, and I don't
know where to find it. Anyone know?

I don't really want to shell out 40 smackers for winzip if I don't have
to.

I was able to decompress when I had XP, anyone know what happened?