Old February 4th 07, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cash

Default HP dvd640c

Article ID : 320553
Last Review : August 3, 2006
Revision : 4.2

The reg edit option worked for me -- useful solution to missing cdrom/dvd
drives.

"Piotr Sawinski" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I have installed without any problems WV Home Premium, but then I put 'HP
DVD Writer installation disc' in, and after having the drivers installed,
my cd-rom device disappered. Have somebody came across this kind of
problem. How to solve it, even when I uninstalled dvd writer, after
founding new hardware Windows see it as CD_ROM (exactly HP DVD640c) but
still it doesn't run (I can't see it in 'Computer' nor read any cd's)

Thanks for your help

Piotr