Printing web page to a PDF

Old January 10th 08, 02:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
rC

Default Printing web page to a PDF

When attempting to print/save a web page as a PDF in Vista, a dialog pops up;
"For your computer’s security, the file was saved to the Temporary Internet
File Folder.” Do you want to open this folder?”, “Yes or No". When clicking
“Yes” you are taken to a folder named “Virtualized”, which contains no files.
Also the PDF printer dialog box shows "Error - Printing" and the PDF printer
refuses to print. PDF files can be saved from other programs with no
problems. The web page can also be printed to local or network printers. We
are not using Zone Alarm
--
RC
Old January 10th 08, 03:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

What application are you using to create the PDF? Do you have all the
updates for this particular application? I use Adobe Acrobat and it works
fine.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

Old January 10th 08, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Look for updates at Adobe.com. The latest version is v8.1 which does work
fine, you may need to upgrade. Thankfully once you've purchased one full
version of Acrobat, the upgrade is not too painful financially. The first
full version certainly is!

Old January 10th 08, 11:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
rC

Thanks. I've taken Adobe version 7 as far as it will apparently go and will
probably have to spend more money to upgrade, just to get back where I was
with XP. It’s like most things that come along with upgrading to Vista;
replace or upgrade your computer, upgrade most of your software, replace many
of your peripheral devices (printers, scanners, etc.) and then spend an
inordinate amount of time dealing with this and other Vista incompatibility
or aggravating security issues to get a slightly different interface. Don't
get me wrong, I understand that's part of the plan. These vendors had just
better hope Apple doesn't figure out how to get into the everyday business
environment.
--
RC

Old March 13th 08, 12:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
srs

I've had exactly the same problem and the answer for me was simple. It worked
perfectly when I used Firefox. The problem only happened when I was using
Internet Explorer 7.

Old June 12th 08, 07:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
yskiuac

I also faced the same problem with pdf printing but could find a
solution.
When print your internet document on acrobat, go to "Adobe pdf setting"
in the properties section. Find "adobe pdf security" on this page and
set it to "Use the last known setting". Now print the page.
I think it will work for you too.

Old July 2nd 08, 04:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
CMS-Tech

Cari,

I have adobe 8.1.2 latest updates and it still does not let me print.
Even tried changing the Adobe security settings in adobe preferences to "use
last known" Doesn't help.

Very vanilla install of Vista. No zone alarm nothing but Office 2007, Adobe
Professional 8.1.2, Quickbooks.

Just testing Vista to see if we want to migrate.

Old September 3rd 08, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
PaulRR

I have:
Windows Vista Home Premium (preinstalled with laptop purchase from Lenovo)
Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard (v8.1.2)

Before having to restore my Vista OS I did not have this problem.

I changed Adobe security setting as described in this thread and uninstalled
all Sun Java entries listed in Add/Remove Programs as advised by PA Bear in a
different thread and reinstalled with a download via
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp .

I have had no sucess in resolving this issue with either approach.

Any help is appreciated.