Old February 5th 07, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Default Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller Vista Compatibility

I had a tough time with the controller too. I never did get it to
work(It me fits with my Wester Digital Raptor 16k cache drives). I
ended up using the Onboard SIL3112 SATA controller, to install a fresh
copy. One thing to keep in mind is that for Windows to install and not
give you a message that "Windows cannot find a suitable system volume
for installation" message, the drive you are installing to must be the
first drive. I found this out after pulling my hair out, trying to get
Vista installed.

Once I finally did get it installed, I was able to get the Intel
drivers loaded, using the Intel Intel® Matrix Storage Manager install.
The software would fail on install, however, the drivers would install
and have been working fine. I don't know what version these are, as
I'm no on my Vista machine, at the moment. I don't know if this was
the best way to go, but it's working.

On Jan 31, 12:06 am, ChronoT52
wrote:
I have updated the drivers for theIntel82801ERSATA RAID Controller to
5.5.0.1035. I simply cannot get Vista Ultimate to install- it keeps telling
me that the drivers are incompatible. From what I can tell, people using the
beta versions and RC1 could get it to work, but here in the final retail
version I cannot get it to work. Anybody else having this problem?

I do not want to risk a clean install as I don't want to end up with a
paperweight.

If it matters, I'm using a basically stock Dell XPS Gen 2.