Problem with hard drive sata detection vista by petitwu
Hello, I've installed Vista RTM. I have 2 hard drive with 2 partition on both I recently change the size of the partitions for the SATA hard drive (the other one is IDE) My problem is that the SATA hard drive is well detected (i can see it in the hard drive of hardware management of panel control) but vista tell me that it have detected new hardware and ask if i want to look for a driver, a...
December 15th 06 07:36 AM
by petitwu Go to last post
0 167
Sound problem by Petr Hladi¹
Hi, I install Windows Vista on my computer and I've problem with sound. Sounddriver is Intel(r) 82801 DB/DBM AC '97. Sound-out is in pink jack (before this time was microphone). When I join passive headphones, is sound OK, but when I join active repro, I hear hum. What can I do? Can you help me anybody?
December 30th 06 09:32 AM
by Petr Hladi¹ Go to last post
0 175
why does my cursor jump all over when I am typing by petro
i can be typing along and all of a sudden a new window pops up or my cursor jumps to another spot in the page. Basically it jumps to wherever I have left the cursor. So frustrating!!!!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 24th 16 05:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
26 7,566
Hardware Acceleration Problem. by peugeot407
When I startup Windows Vista (Ultimate), I get a blue screen which dissapears so fast that I can't even read the first word of it. When I startup Windows in safe mode (I guess it's 'safe mode' in English, I´ve got the Dutch version) I get a message of the 'problem-solving-service' which sais the problem will be fixed when disabling Hardware Acceleration. But when I try so, I get a message...
January 31st 07 04:30 PM
by peugeot407 Go to last post
0 174
Wont boot with Memorex D33013 DVD Burner by pfranklin
When I try to boot Vista with my Memorex D33013 DVD Burner, it just freezes. Yet, when I unplug the drive it works just fine. I've tried booting in safe mode but it still freezes. Looks like it freezes when it tries to load IO.sys Anybody else have a problem similar to this or any solution suggestions? Thanks!
January 28th 07 08:55 PM
by pfranklin Go to last post
0 117
Hard works on USB but not on Firewire by Pgo
I have an Iogear ION Tri-Select hard disk. The drive works fine when I connect via its USB connection. But when I connect by Firefire (IEEE 1394) it does not work. Under RC1 the device manager showed a driver error and would not let the drive work. Under RC2, the driver error is gone, but when asked to populate info on the drive, it returns an error. (1) How do I report the problem to...
October 13th 06 10:23 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
2 149
Removable Firewire HD problems by Pgo
Jonathan, I have the same drive and it works fine connected to USB on RC1 but gets a driver error when connected to the firewire port. Let me know if you found a solutions as I would like to have it on my firewire channel "Jonathan" wrote: I have a 320GB Firewire drive that has exactly the same problem. Vista correctly finds my host controller, but it doesn't find the drive attached to
September 12th 06 03:39 AM
by Pgo Go to last post
0 257
Hard drive works on USB but not firewire by Pgo
I have a USB/Firewire hard drive (with 3 buttons, I never use for starting backups) The devise works fine when I connect it by USB, but I get a drvier error when I connect it via Firewire. I would exspect it is the buttons that are causing the MS driver not to work. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
September 10th 06 06:20 PM
by Pgo Go to last post
0 414
Problem Installing Printer Driver by pgonza02
Hi, I had to remove my printer from my laptop and when I tried to reinstall it Windows cannot find the driver. I tried adding it manually and HP does not even show up as a manufacturer. I tried contacting HP and they just said that the driver should be built into Vista and they don't have one they can provide. My printer is an HP Deskjet 5650 and my laptop is running Vista Business 32-bit...
August 31st 08 08:02 PM
by pgonza02[_2_] Go to last post
3 245
2nd hard drive disappears from "My Computer" list by phannigan
My second HD (D:) - disappears from the listing and is not accessable until I reboot. It then appears and if the computer is left for a period of time, it disappears again. When it is available, it works fine. Any suggestions? It is an IDE 40gb if that helps.
May 22nd 07 10:18 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 140
choosing booting in partitioned HDD by phatali
Hey, im new here so firstly i would like to say hello :) and second i hope someone can help me with a problem. Basically im running Vista 32 bit on my hp notebook but i have some programs that are not compatible with it yet, so i decided to partition my hardrive and have xp on one of the partitions. so now C: is vista D: is xp and i think F: is recovery but it was D::confused:
April 25th 09 11:54 AM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 355
Nothing works with Vista?!?!? by Pheonix 1233412412
I'm not really displeased with windows vista but one thing really dissapoints me. My Software that i have spent a lot of money on (eg: my all-in-one digital camera printer, my nintendo ds WiFi USB connector & some of my PlayNC games) I'm pretty sure that windows cant do nothing bout it but they should at least try or something. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and...
July 10th 07 08:24 PM
by Christopher R. Lee Go to last post
5 150
Pentium M & SpeedStep by pHi Roethlisberger
Hello on windows XP SP2 it works fine between multiplier 6x and 15x. If the CPU is used at 100% it jumps immediatly to 15x. With Vista RC1 it changes only very hard to 15x (and this only for a few seconds). If I use a stresstest tool (Idle SP2004 by Johny Lee), the CPU is used 100% but it changes only to 15x if I start some other applications at the same time.
September 18th 06 07:10 PM
by pHi Roethlisberger Go to last post
0 163
Epson R300 wont print cd labels in vista by Phil
Prints documents ok - have been on with this for ages, no joy. Tried Vista's drivers and XP. Another strange thing - the original Epson default printer refuses to be deleted. OR made default. Strange.
March 6th 07 02:35 PM
by Phil Go to last post
6 163
Vista keeps asking for driver for scanner by Phil
I got a new Canon Lide600f scanner, and loaded the drivers. Said that the drivers wouldnt work, go to canon.com, did, got drivers, loaded, working.... Now - every time I boot up Vista demands drivers for "unknown device" I try to select "do not do this again", or whatever the bottom one is, but it wont. It just crashes and I have to close it the long way round. How to get it to stop ?
March 9th 07 01:08 AM
by Don Go to last post
6 153
Benq driver by Phil
I have a Benq FP71E which I bought when I had Windows XP, I now have a new PC with Vista Home Premium, there isn't a Vista driver for it but so far I have used the XP one with no problems & I'm using the DVI input, my question is should I buy a new monitor which has a Vista driver, use the XP one or even use it as the generic pnp monitor?, Phil.
May 12th 07 05:47 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 133
How many CableCards can be connected by Phil
I have seen the ATI USB model, a Niveus standalone box and I beleive on the Sony is is an internal box. On the machines with it included I have only seen one tuner mentioned. Now most of us who use a PVR no that one tuner is pretty much useless. For instance last week I set the guide to record Earl and then the Office.Well to catch the opening of The Office I had to fast forward to the end...
January 9th 07 09:35 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 160
Monitor resolution by Phil
I have HP PC which has a Nvidea geforce 7500 LE display adapter, at present I'm running a normal ratio monitor at 1280 x 1024 but am considering going widescreen, can anybody tell me what sort of resolution this adapter can handle, I don't want to waste my money on something that won't work properly? Phil
August 7th 07 03:07 AM
by Phil Go to last post
4 132
ATI TV Wonder Pro by Phil
wait a tic... the previous answer is only true if you want to use the Media Center. Then this card will not be supported as mentionned. However, ATI should have drivers and an updated MMC - eventually. Have you tried the XP drivers? "JW" wrote:
December 6th 06 02:37 AM
by Phil Go to last post
0 242
NOKIA N72 - VISTA COMPATIBILITY by Phil
Hi all present, i tried installing a nokia N72disc on my compaq laptop to be able to connect my phone with the laptop and each time, got this error message: Access denied Access violation @ address 0045A3BBin module 'Nokia_72.exe'. Read of address 00000180 my system spec:
February 24th 07 09:43 PM
by Mikey Go to last post

From The