Seeking explanation for 512MB 'NVCACHE' partition entry by a.k.a.[_2_]
Greetings, everyone! There's a mystery drive partition on my system. Can anyone please confirm what it's used for/by? I'm running a triple boot of Server x64 RC2, Vista x64 SP1 RC, and Vista x86, installed on two internal hard disk drives. These are SATA drives, but not hybrids. They both have 8MB caches. (One is a Samsung HM250JI. The other is a Hitachi TravelStar 7K100.) I also have 1GB...
March 3rd 08 01:36 AM
by a.k.a.[_2_] Go to last post
4 144
Is registry's L2 cache 'disabled' by default in Vista/Server 2008? by a.k.a.[_2_]
Hello everyone, This is incredibly confusing: It's my understanding that this is the registry key where the value of the L2 cache is set: In Server 2008 RC2 (Hyper-V) the value I'm finding is 0!!!! What's going on? Am I not making any use of the 4MB of L2 cache in my Centrino Pro? Shouldn't
January 11th 08 03:28 PM
by a.k.a.[_2_] Go to last post
4 199
Q re Turbo Memory quirkiness by a.k.a.[_2_]
Hello everyone, Here's another odd memory issue cropping up: In this laptop there's 1GB Turbo Memory installed, but the NVCACHE partition that the OS created is 513MB. Can anyone explain what's going on? Also, ReadyBoost returns to 'disabled' each time I check the box in the driver interface. On the latter, does a USB drive need to be plugged in in order for it to ever stay on a setting of...
January 11th 08 12:42 PM
by a.k.a.[_2_] Go to last post
3 172
DVD-RAM using problems in Vista by A.Kazuma
Dear all, sorry for my poor english, I hope you all may understand what I mean and helping me. I often use my windows xp for dvd-ram backup before, last week I've upgrade my computer and bundled with Vista Ultimate. At first, I've tried to format my DVD-RAM in vista (with the My Computer Drive function in UDF 2.01), then I've backup serval files in my DVD-RAM easily (just like harddisk...
March 18th 08 02:36 AM
by A.Kazuma Go to last post
0 194
VISTA -- Adaptec 2410SA Controller Problem by A.Morgan
Anyone have any ideas on this one. I have 3 SATA drives attached to Ports 1 2 and 3. Port 0 is empty, will become a RAID1 with Port1 when I get drive replaced. Drive Letters are C, D, E Problem is copys between drives freezes VISTA for minutes depending on file size being copied. Event Viewer shows a bunch of these errors:
February 5th 07 11:17 PM
by A.Morgan Go to last post
0 235
USB keyboard not working on start up by A7X808
Occasionally, my microsoft usb keyboard won't function when I start the computer, but it's fine when I re-start. This isn't a big problem, but I was just curious as to what could be causing this to happen. Thanks -- A7X808
August 31st 08 04:32 AM
by A7X808 Go to last post
4 275
installing XP onto VISTA machine by aa
Have HP Pavioin with VISTA, one physical drive (C:) with four partitions on it. C: is the one with VISTA D: recovery E and F - logical partitions for data storage. Want to install XP into one of the existong partitions. However when the installation process come to the screen to select a partition it shows no partition at all. Instead it shows four things which look like drive placeholders,...
May 5th 10 09:12 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
9 482
Extend Volume is greyed by aa
On my physical drive I have 3 primary partitions (one is active with Vista installed) and one extended which contains one local drive. Besides there are 90gb unallocated space just before the extended partition. I wanted to use this unallocated space by extending the extended partition into that unallocated space, but the Extend Volume commany in the relevant menu is grayed. Why and how do I...
May 2nd 10 07:48 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
1 461
Cuisinart Dtc975 12 Cup Coffee Maker by [email protected]
Cuisinart DTC-975N Programmable Automatic Brew-and-Serve 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker, White Price:$150.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0001734XM Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0001734XM Cuisinart DTC-975BKN 12-cup Coffeemaker Black Plus Kit Price:$109.95 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0016BNEV4
May 21st 09 04:03 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 347
Vista RC1 does not catch my Nvidia 6200le by Aakash
Just got vista RC1 but its not recognising my graphic card. On same computer i have Xp which runs it with no problem. Vista is not able to start the PCI standard PCI-to-PCI brigde on which i have my graphic card. This problem was with Beta 2 too. I dont know what to do now its just too bad display i get now in vista. i have 1GB RAM with pentium 4 -3.06ghz my vram is...
September 9th 06 08:02 AM
by Aakash Go to last post
0 466
Vista RC1 does not catch my Nvidia 6200le by Aakash
Just got vista RC1 but its not recognising my graphic card. On same computer i have Xp which runs it with no problem. Vista is not able to start the PCI standard PCI-to-PCI brigde on which i have my graphic card. This problem was with Beta 2 too. I dont know what to do now its just too bad display i get now in vista. i have 1GB RAM with pentium 4 -3.06ghz my vram is...
September 9th 06 08:46 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
1 459
Vista 64bit audio driver problems by aalaptop
I have just build a new PC running Windows Vista home premium 64bit and I can not get the audio drivers to work. The motherboard is a ASrock ALiveSATA2-GLAN and it has realtek HD intergraded sound. I have downloaded every driver version that I can find and everytime i try to install one I get the blue screen with white writing. The sound card comes up as 'Unknown device' in the device...
July 15th 07 08:54 AM
by aalaptop Go to last post
2 120
Sony DCR-TRV265E USB Streaming by [email protected]
Hi, I own a Sony DCR-TRV265E camcorder, and I am facing problem in USB streaming, it use to do 60 mins streaming (10 mins each X 6 cycles) and then writes it to CD, but now it streams for almost 3 mins and stops streaming and converts and write to the CD, so the CD produced is just for 3 mins, I have tried it on different recorded tapes, assuming may be some tape is stuck after 3 mins, but it is...
December 20th 07 11:10 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 121
weird RAM by Aaponline
hi all! I have a problem with my ram memory. I have vista ultimate sp1 with 4gb ram. When i look at my computer properties it shows i have 4,00gb ram (windows experience = 4,5 is that normal for this amount?). But task manager shows 1534 mb ram... it also shows i have 1gb occupied, which is 66% according to task manager. Is this a hardware problem or an OS problem? I don't hope windows is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 3rd 08 07:52 PM
by dennis Go to last post
21 551
Wireless adapter causing Bluescreen error; and is inactive after s by aar0ncw
I have a Gateway MT6485 laptop with a Marvell TOPDOG (TM) PCI-Express 802.11 1n Wireless (EC85) wireless adapter. The adapter does not work after the laptop is put in sleep mode. Recently, after being on for a period of time the adapter didn't even show up in the "Manage Network Connections" screen. Whenever either of these two problems happen the only way to correct it is to restart the...
March 23rd 09 06:55 PM
by DL Go to last post
1 185
bluetooth & blue soleil by aarbie
Hi I have recently purchased a sitecom USB adaptor http://www.sitecom.com/product.php?productname=Bluetooth%AE+2.0+USB+Adapter+%96+100m&productcode=CN-521&productid=364&subgroupid=22 which has now just had a vista compatible blue soleil driver/application released. To my surprise, I cannot get bluetooth to appear in 'control panel' nor have it appear automatically when windows starts. Any...
April 30th 07 07:44 AM
by aarbie Go to last post
0 174
Format 2nd HDD to add XP Dual Boot by Aaron
Advice please: I have installed 2nd 250 G HDD and plan to install XP on it, and then do a dual boot configuration with Vista Home Premium (which came installed on new Dell E520). I've read up on the dual boot issues -- so my question is not about dual boot. It's about HDD formatting. Any recommendations about the best way to pre-format the 2nd HDD to provide for: 1) boot partition 2) XP...
September 5th 07 06:40 PM
by Aaron Go to last post
6 124
usb linking cable problem by Aaron
I have Vista.. I just picked up a usb linking cable so that I could plug my computer to my surround sound reciever and play music from my computer to speakers. It tells me that I don't have the driver and I can't find one to support it. I NEED HELP!
December 9th 07 03:46 AM
by Aaron Go to last post
0 176
USB linking cable trouble by Aaron
I have Vista.. I just purchased a USB 2.0 linking cable so that I could connect my laptop to my reciever for my surround sound speakers. It tells me that I need a driver for it to work but I'm having trouble finding one to work. I NEED HELP! I just want to play my music from my computer to my speakers.
December 10th 07 02:58 AM
by Gene K Go to last post
1 124
Officejet 6110 update won't install in Vista by Aaron
I am running Vista 32-bit. I have an HP Officejet 6110xi. When I run Windows update, there is an update for Officejet 6100. However, this update never installs properly. Is there another way to download this update and try to install it manually or a way to get Windows Update to properly install this update? Thanks.
January 4th 08 11:01 PM
by Aaron Go to last post

From The