Card reader by Elly[_3_]
Can I transfer photographs from my HD to a card reader and subsequently view them on my TV screen? The reason for this question is that I am under the impression that one can only transfer from a card reader to a computer.
February 15th 09 09:03 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
1 162
Virtual mic by [email protected]
Is there a program that can act as a virtual microphone? (That is, that creates a dummy mic device and that takes an input audio file to put it as an input signal?) Please excuse my bad English and the crazy question LOL
February 15th 09 02:53 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
4 178
Network issues in Vista Home Premium 64-bit by User_Z.
I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition. Since I got my computer, every time I connect to a wireless network, I can stay connected from anywhere from five minutes to an hour, but after a while, my wireless stops working. I have tried resetting it and disabling and reenabling it, but all those either have no effect or freeze my computer. So far the only solution seems to be...
February 15th 09 02:56 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
2 165
Null.sys & Windows Away Mode System Issues by MetalPirate
Hey all, Re-installed Vista Business (32-bit) a few weeks ago, and since then it's been hanging on the green scrolling bar screen and requires between 2 and 20 restarts before it will boot properly. Narrowed it down to Null.sys failing to boot. I've read that this can be caused by Microsoft Away Mode System, which installed itself on me (without me realising). Now in device manager under hidden...
February 16th 09 09:22 AM
by MetalPirate Go to last post
0 144
on VISTA, sony vaio smart network stop working by BigMountain
My vaio is having problems with the smart network, everytime the machine starts I get this message from windows in a dialog box: "Vaio smart network stopped working. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available." This all started after I install the Sony Ericsson phone suite. This may be a Sony's problem, but its broken on...
February 16th 09 02:30 PM
by xjetx Go to last post
2 222
Vista Bus x64 not working on KVM by JRobere
I've got a new Dell Precision M4400 laptop with Vista Bus x64 on it and a StarTech 4-Port PS/2 KVM that I've used for years. Hanging off the KVM are a flat screen monitor, wireless MS mouse and Dell Keyboard which have all worked fine for a long time. The monitor always works fine for the M4400 through the KVM. If I plug the mouse and keyboard directly in to the M4400 they work fine.
February 16th 09 02:32 PM
by JRobere[_2_] Go to last post
2 155
Erisson FREE Laptop by Eudoneia
Ericsson is distributing free laptops for their brand promotion. They hope to increase their popularity and sale by this campaign. All you need to do is send an email about this promotion to 8 people and you will receive an Ericsson T18 Laptop. However, if you send an email to 20 or more people, you will receive an Ericsson R320 Laptop. Make sure you cc to Anna at Ericsson so that she will...
February 16th 09 04:57 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 210
Wierd Video Problem by Peterpski
I came home from travel and my home PC was having a video issue. The only updates or changes would have been automatic windows on a subaccount. My wife powered off the system normally, and then it would only boot up to a black screen. I can hear it load Vista Home Premium up but it would only load every other time so I could see something on the monitor. Thought it might be the monitor, but...
February 16th 09 08:01 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
6 197
Vista H Prem SP1,32 won't boot after PCTV card install by Brad[_9_]
We're trying to install a Pinnacle Systems PCTV 800i PCI ATSC Hybrid TV + FM Radio card. Vista H Prem 32 bit hangs at the "Microsoft Corporation" 'status bar' screen. The box that has the bar going from left to right is blank and the "Microsoft Corporation" is very dim. I removed the only add-in card, a modem, and that hasn't helped. We added another 512meg Ram to make 1gig and that didn't...
February 16th 09 08:10 PM
by Brad[_9_] Go to last post
2 166
obtain , CD/ROM trbleshooter - where? by Boswell[_3_]
It seems to be DEAD. 'sEND TO' does not copy.
February 16th 09 11:39 PM
by Boswell[_3_] Go to last post
0 180
bios problum with home premium 32bit by scoty1280
i have problem with my bios system when system using raid controllers it can not detect my harddisk when i change bios to ide controllers it detect the hard disk but after few days when i istall vista it works better suddnelly bios turn defult automatically to raid controllers and vista os is not boot it will stop when i change bios then it start so i need help this to fix the problem with raid...
February 17th 09 09:58 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 258
How can I modify the wireless network adapter's MAC address? by warking
How can I modify the wireless network adapter's MAC address? Platform: Vista x64 Ultimate, Intel wireless 4965agn -- warking
February 17th 09 10:04 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 240
USB adapter and parallel printer by Art K
Hi, I am using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. My L/T does not have a parallel port and I want to use my HP 4P parallel printer with it. I have an adapter cable to do the job, but after going through the installation of the printer several times, it only printed once. If that was due to a combination of settings, I haven't found them again. I believe the problem is most related to the printer...
February 17th 09 04:28 PM
by Victoria[_3_] Go to last post
3 190
Error Code 10 by WFMURPH
Have A Dell Laptop Running Vista Home Dvd/cdrom Stopped Working In Device Manager It Has The ! And It Does Not Show In My Computer When Googled This Seems To Be A Pretty Common Problem I Tried To Update Drivers It Says Drivers Are Latest Available Can Anyone Help Thanks -- WFMURPH ------------------------------------------------------------------------ WFMURPH's Profile:...
February 17th 09 07:25 PM
by WFMURPH Go to last post
0 143
Laptop Freezes - ACPI Error by kristneder
Hi. I'm having a small problem with my new laptop. Sometimes when I insert USB devices or when I insert the AC, my laptop freezes and I have to do a hard reboot before I can do anything again. When looking in the windows event viewer two different errors/warnings occur, namely EventID 13 and 15. Which says something like this: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified
February 17th 09 07:35 PM
by kristneder Go to last post
7 136
Missing Subkeys needed to fix DVD Autoplay by dennise
Hello, My "autoplay" doesn't work for blank DVDs. The drive works (read and write) if I cajole and use unacceptable workaround methods, so I'm sure this a software problem and probably Vista related as many others are having autoplay trouble.This is a new PC, and autoplay doesn't work! I tried all the Control Panel autoplay settings .... nothing works. Yes the Shell Hardward Detection service...
February 18th 09 01:02 AM
by Clark[_4_] Go to last post
3 135
connecting a TV to laptop by lenix
How do I do it if my laptop has a VGA and tv also has a VGA. I have the cord but what other steps are involved? -- lenix
February 18th 09 10:06 AM
by SUMO Go to last post
3 128
BSoD Problem ATIKMDAG.SYS of Catalyst 7.4 and HP32 ATi X1950GT by Laacagoia
Hi, I have continuos problem with atikmdag that stop and restart by windows and crash system 0x000000EA BSoD. I saw that's problem of many user with VistaHP 32bit. I'm using Radeon X1950GT with 512 MB ram GDDR3 PCIe x16 and after installing Catalyst 7.3 e 7.3 hotfix and at the end Catalyst 7.4 with the correct manner my system crash again. Remember that Windows Vista Advisor said my system is...
February 18th 09 10:14 AM
by Stroud Go to last post
4 132
ATI Graphics driver error by Matt[_10_]
Hi All I have a new machine with windows vista SP1 which has a ATI graphic card, every 10 - 15 minutes my screen goes black and I will see a message that Windows has recovered from a problem, I look at problem report and solution, I can see that the problem is with graphic card, but windows cannot find any solution for this problem. here is the report I'm getting: Product
February 18th 09 01:10 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
2 134
Hard Drive Problem by Smoggie
Hi There Bought a 750 gig Hard Drive in September and haven’t had problem with it until now. I’m about to install a fresh copy of window vista and have backed up everything that’s on the 750gig to an external HDD (no problems there), but when I’ve come to format the 750 gig Hard Drive I’ve notched that it stayed on 99% for a while and in computer management, its showing up as
February 18th 09 02:48 PM
by Smoggie Go to last post

From The