Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
hp officejet 7310 all in one & vista by Judith
How can I get the drivers for vista & how can I get software that will work for printer & Vista? -- Judith
February 16th 07 04:07 PM
by Kirk Go to last post
2 210
Xerox Print Notification Icon Doesn't Display Balloon Popup by atart
I installed the printer driver for a Xerox Phaser 6350 network printer. I can print to the printer with no problem, however there is a red "X" icon that appears in the system tray that lets me know the job printed. The icon used to show a balloon with information of the print job but it no longer does. Which setting in windows XP controls this? I have no problem with any other program that...
February 16th 07 08:07 PM
by atart Go to last post
0 182
Lexmark X5470 printing from XP wireless to Vista desktop problem by bob
Problem printing from XP Wireless Compaq laptop to new Gateway desktop PC with Vista Home Premium. The XP Wireless laptop prints only when the Vista PC is restarted. The new Lexmark 5470 printer is connected to the USB port on the Gateway Vista PC. I can see the print document in the shared printer que but can not get it to print until restarting the Vista PC. The Vista PC came with McAfee...
February 17th 07 02:41 AM
by bob Go to last post
2 221
need drivers for Canon LBP-1120 for Vista Ulimate 64 bit by Remind
Help, need drivers for Canon LBP-1120 for Vista Ultimate 64 bit Phil
February 17th 07 03:13 AM
by Remind Go to last post
2 337
Vista thinks my HP Photosmart All-in-One is just a printer by Lena S. Sten
I have a HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One printer/scanner/copy machine. I know there are no Vista drivers available at this time, but I'd still like Vista to know it's not only a printer but a scanner too. How do I do that? It's connected through our home network and there are no problems printing with it from any of our other PCs. We have Vista on one machine, XP x64 on another and XP x32 on a...
February 17th 07 05:53 AM
by Lena S. Sten Go to last post
4 332
HP 5470C Scanner seems to work under Vista by Barry Watzman
Just for the hell of it, I installed the HP 5470C scanner software under Vista (ultimate RC 2 build 5744). This was a direct installation under a clean install of Vista, not an upgrade of XP. With a couple of prompts, it installed fine with no problems, and appeared to run. My initial attempts to actually do and save a scan failed when I tried to save the final scan, but after clicking on...
February 17th 07 02:53 PM
by Barry Watzman Go to last post
0 265
The answer to ALL your Printer questions by Donald McDaniel
There is a simple answer for EVERYONE's questions in printers versus Vista: Get a NEW driver from your printer manufacturer. If your printer manufacturer does NOT supply a Vista-compatible driver, and has no plans to produce one, you are just OUT OF LUCK. ACCEPT IT!!! SLEEP WITH IT!!! LET IT BECOME PART OF YOU!!! Then get out your checkbook and BUY A VISTA-compatible printer!!!
February 17th 07 09:38 PM
by Rob Go to last post
1 360
Can't print from IE anymore. OE print still works by DavePie
When I click on Print, I no longer get the Print w/select printer box. I get an error that Windows Internet Explorer can't find 'file:///C:/Users/DavePie/AppData/Local/temp/Low/H3GCTICR.htm". Make sure the path or Internet Address is correct. The name of each .htm file changes everytime. This was working. Could Iolo System Mechanic 7, Webroot: Spysweeper and/or Winwasher be deleting some...
February 17th 07 10:02 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 453
EPSON Printers by Hermit
Hi, If any one is having trouble with the RX500 drivers then install them using the XP SP2 compatibility settings - you need to run up the Wizard, which can be found by searching Vista Help the run the Epson setup utility using that - works perfectly for me with one exception, the tool taht monitors ink levels. All teh scanner stuff, printing etc work fine. Hope that helps until Epson pull...
February 17th 07 10:22 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
3 414
Officejet 7210 by Danny Street
Are there any drivers or fixes for the 7210 to allow all features (scan fax) to work with Vista Home Premium? Does anyone know if HP will support these all in ones? Thank you
February 18th 07 04:59 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 325
PRINTER by Sandy
Can sum one help me i cant get my printer to woork i have set it up as asked to but it will print
February 18th 07 04:59 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 265
HP 6980, cant go wireless with Vista by MsChrys
Am able to print via cable (thank God), but HP is saying they wont have an applicable bluetooth driver out for Vista until..........are ya ready......JULY 2007! Everyone and their brother, techie or not, has known that MS Vista was coming out this Feb, and HP surely, despite SEVERAL inquiries, assured me that this printer would work with Vista wirelessly, so why wouldnt they have been ready...
February 18th 07 05:02 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 241
HP PSC 1310 series ALL in one by Rob
I have a 1310 all in one printer , and Vista sees and has drivers for it , it but I want to use my advanced features as well as the scan program that came with my printer and HP wants me to buy another printer...not!! Anyone know if I install my XP drivers/software if it will work with Vista Home premium? AND/OR can it screw up my OS install if I try? Thanks.
February 18th 07 05:05 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 315
MISSING: Sleep button (more like shaded out acually), small reward by Philip
My sleep button is shaded out. Anyone got a problem like that? All my drivers aure updated, my BIOS can support that, and I can use Standby in XP. If anyone is asking about the "reward", its a pat on the back :D
February 19th 07 06:26 AM
by Philip Go to last post
0 279
Spooler Crash - Adding a network printer by Maccormack, Neil
Hello Everytime i add a network printer either via the print server or by creating a local TCPIP port the Spooler service will crash. thanks for any help I am using Windows Vista business
February 19th 07 12:20 PM
by Maccormack, Neil Go to last post
0 280
HP wireless printer drivers by MsChrys
Now everyone in the free world, or so I thought, knew about the Vista release of this month for at least a year now. Can someone tell my why HP is selling "Vista compatible" bluetooth printers that wont work wirelessly with Vista? Riddle me this too, how long does it take an HP tech to script Vista driver(s) for their printers? Apparently the answer is....5 months! I was told to expect...
February 19th 07 04:25 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 271
Printing to Adobe PDF in Windows Vista by AuxCox
I have Adobe Professional v7.0 on my pc. In Windows XP, to print a web page to a PDF file I would simply select Adobe PDF as the printer. In Windows Vista when I attempt to do the same thing it tells me that for security, it will print the page to a temporary folder. When I go to that temporary folder, there is no PDF document. How can I get Windows Vista to print the web page to the...
February 19th 07 05:56 PM
by Donald Mills Go to last post
5 298
How do I use OCR in Vista/Office 2007? by C
I'm not very PC savy. I have Windwos Vista and Office 2007 but I cannot seem to be able to find a way to use OCR, which was so easy with previous versions. Any iguidance?
February 19th 07 06:41 PM
by Donald Mills Go to last post
5 273
printer problems by Patty
i have an emachines desktop and a lexmark z600 printer and for some reason i cant get the printer to work??????? please help
February 19th 07 08:34 PM
by Patty Go to last post
0 240
Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server by Art Billings
Hi all, Need some assistance if possible. I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet that I am trying to fax out, using the fax server on my 2003 SBS domain controller. I have set the print area, but when I click the print button, it attempts to send a fax that's 405 pages. I've always been able to cancel the job prior to it reaching the server. I was wondering if this is a Vista incompatiblity...
February 19th 07 08:38 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post

From The