Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Urgent, can't access after the login (black screen of death) by Javier
I have a Toshiba with Windows Vista Home Premiun and after I enter the Login Screen, I put the password fine, but later only the cursor and a black screen is show. If I enter the ALT+CTRL+DEL the menu buttons is show and I can access the Task Manager but I can't know what to do. Is very urgent to solve this issue. Regards,
April 22nd 10 07:12 PM
by MowGreen Go to last post
6 423
Urgent, can't access after the login (black screen of death) by Javier
I have a Toshiba with Windows Vista Home Premiun and after I enter the Login Screen, I put the password fine, but later only the cursor and a black screen is show. If I enter the ALT+CTRL+DEL the menu buttons is show and I can access the Task Manager but I can't know what to do. Is very urgent to solve this issue. Regards,
April 15th 10 03:16 PM
by Javier Go to last post
0 88
In Big Trouble Vista Home 32 Bit by Red Wimp
The symptom of my problem is Vista is telling me that my firewall is not running, but it won't start manually. Also doesn't connect to the internet (I'm using a borrowed machine here) I can see that BFE is not running and that won't start either, says a file is missing. I have tried a system restore to several different points, after quite a few minutes tells me this has failed and the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 15th 10 02:38 PM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
12 344
In Big Trouble Vista Home 32 Bit by Red Wimp
The symptom of my problem is Vista is telling me that my firewall is not running, but it won't start manually. Also doesn't connect to the internet (I'm using a borrowed machine here) I can see that BFE is not running and that won't start either, says a file is missing. I have tried a system restore to several different points, after quite a few minutes tells me this has failed and the...
April 14th 10 11:58 PM
by Red Wimp Go to last post
0 97
Error code 80070424 Windows Update by sharjoyp
Can anyone please help me with updating my Windows Update. I keep getting an error code 80070424 and I tried every way I can think of to fix it. Thank You:( -- sharjoyp Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
April 14th 10 06:54 PM
by sharjoyp Go to last post
0 91
Need help : Unable to gain access to a hard disk. by kamma
Hello. I am using windows vista home basic 32bit OS. I clicked the security tab in the properties dialog box of a hard drive and denied access to it to all users. Later, when i opened the properties dialog box again to allow access, i cannot see the security tab in it. I cannot access this drive even being as an administrator. but the other hard disks in my computer has security tab in...
April 12th 10 08:57 AM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
1 82
Need help : Unable to gain access to a hard disk. by Dave-UK[_2_]
"kamma" wrote in message ... Hello. I am using windows vista home basic 32bit OS. I clicked the security tab in the properties dialog box of a hard drive and denied access to it to all users. Later, when i opened the properties dialog box again to allow access, i cannot see the security tab in it. I...
April 12th 10 08:57 AM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
0 249
"Access Denied" on Encrypted Files although Certificate Still Exists and is Valid by I-nfo-T-ainment
Hi all, I have an encrypted folder on my Vista-SP2-PC. From one day to the next, the files in there could not be opened anymore; I am now getting an "Access is denied"-error. Now, I know about certificates, and the need to have exactly the cert. available with which the encryption was done, and it is there, and still valid (not expired). Nothing has changed with my user account, I am still...
April 8th 10 01:36 AM
by FromTheRafters[_3_] Go to last post
2 246
"Access Denied" on Encrypted Files although Certificate Still Exists and is Valid by I-nfo-T-ainment
Hi all, I have an encrypted folder on my Vista-SP2-PC. From one day to the next, the files in there could not be opened anymore; I am now getting an "Access is denied"-error. Now, I know about certificates, and the need to have exactly the cert. available with which the encryption was done, and it is there, and still valid (not expired). Nothing has changed with my user account, I am still...
April 7th 10 05:16 PM
by I-nfo-T-ainment Go to last post
0 98
account unknown by Loran
account unknown (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1001) (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1005) (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1007) Can i delete these or do i need to keep them.
April 6th 10 08:42 AM
by Hank Arnold Go to last post
2 128
Download Error Protection by William H Jackson
When I try to upload pictures to Ebay Download Erroe Protection turns off Internet Explorer making it impossible to upload the pictures. I have added Ebay to the safe list with noresults. What am I doing wrong? -- William H Jackson Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
April 5th 10 04:53 AM
by William H Jackson Go to last post
0 225
Download Error Protection by William H Jackson
When I try to upload pictures to Ebay Download Erroe Protection turns off Internet Explorer making it impossible to upload the pictures. I have added Ebay to the safe list with noresults. What am I doing wrong? -- William H Jackson Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
April 5th 10 04:53 AM
by William H Jackson Go to last post
0 109
Firewall by anon_private[_7_]
Hi, Is it possible to interrogate the firewall? Can it be configured? Thanks. Vista 32 bit Home Premium
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 3rd 10 03:44 PM
by anon_private[_10_] Go to last post
14 392
Microsoft Security Essentials - no menu item to open it by Steve
I'm using MS Essentials on Vista home premium. Somehow I have lost the menu item (Start or Control Panel?) to start it. Security Center reports that Essentials is running, but I cannot start a scan. All attempts at reinstalling Essentials have failed. (I used to use AVG, but after an unwanted upgrade to V9, the PC became unuseable due to AVG processes taking all the processor...
April 3rd 10 12:51 PM
by rhlhamlet Go to last post
4 207
Antivirus plus by stoptheantivirusplus
I was on my myspace the other day then it started freezing and it wouldnt let me get back on internet explorer. A thing called Antivirus Plus poped uo on my screen telling me i have a trojan virus. I recently have heard about this trojan virus and it infects your hole system is what i heard so stupid me i downloaded the antivirus plus to get rid of the trojan virus. Now I found out from one...
April 3rd 10 09:46 AM
by JKBFaith Go to last post
6 356
Microsoft Security Essentials - no menu item to open it by Steve
I'm using MS Essentials on Vista home premium. Somehow I have lost the menu item (Start or Control Panel?) to start it. Security Center reports that Essentials is running, but I cannot start a scan. All attempts at reinstalling Essentials have failed. (I used to use AVG, but after an unwanted upgrade to V9, the PC became unuseable due to AVG processes taking all the processor...
April 3rd 10 05:27 AM
by Steve Go to last post
0 92
Firewall by anon_private[_7_]
Hi, Is it possible to interrogate the firewall? Can it be configured? Thanks. Vista 32 bit Home Premium
April 2nd 10 03:23 PM
by anon_private[_7_] Go to last post
0 102
Need help : Unable to gain access to a hard disk. by kamma
Hello. I am using Windows vista home basic 32bit Os. I clicked the security tab in the properties dialog box of a hard drive and denied access to it for all users. Later when i opened the same, i could not find the security tab in the properties. But the properties of other hard disks have the security tab. Even being as an admin, i cannot find the security tab. Can anybody suggest me how to...
April 1st 10 11:25 PM
by kamma Go to last post
0 78
Need help : Unable to gain access to a hard disk. by kamma
Hello. I am using Windows vista home basic 32bit Os. I clicked the security tab in the properties dialog box of a hard drive and denied access to it for all users. Later when i opened the same, i could not find the security tab in the properties. But the properties of other hard disks have the security tab. Even being as an admin, i cannot find the security tab. Can anybody suggest me how to...
April 1st 10 11:25 PM
by kamma Go to last post
0 301
Program to Tell What Files Are Accessed? by Michael W Ryder
I have been trying for about two months to get one last thing working with a commercial terminal emulator under Vista Business. The program works fine for everything except when trying to transfer files more than once per session. The first transfer works fine but subsequent attempts to transfer have the necessary buttons greyed out. The program works for others under Vista and Windows 7...
March 31st 10 11:02 AM
by John John - MVP Go to last post

From The